Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Voki for Education Newsletter

I'm featured in the new Voki Back-to-School Newsletter! This blog and my Twitter feed are also linked! Click "Full" on the bottom of the embedded Slideshare to read the entire newsletter.

Here's my quote:
"I frequently use Web 2.0 tools to engage my sixth and seventh grade social studies students. At first, I will be using a Voki avatar based on myself to lead a virtual tour of the new class homepage. My goal is to pique my student's interest in creating their own personalized Voki's. I plan on having students create Voki's based on historical figures. Since the avatars can be easily embedded on a webpage, blog, or wiki, my students will also use Voki to communicate with other classrooms around the world. I am especially excited to see how the quieter, shy students use Voki as a tool to more freely speak their minds."
Matt Farber Twitter/Blog
Voki Ambassador
Social Studies Teacher, NJ